Thank you for taking the time to visit us at Nurse Mania ! We started Nurse Mania as a way to vent our frustrations, share some laughs, and try to bring out the lighter side of Nursing while overcoming a financially devastating 3 year fight with Cancer. My name is Tacy, my husband's name is John, and we have been nurses for 18 years. We have worked in ER, ICU, Cardiac, Telemetry, NICU, PICU, Pediatrics, Psych, Neuro, Geriatrics, Pediatric trach and vent, home health and Case management.
Although we love nursing and getting to be a part of helping others everyday, we are keenly aware of its challenges:
- Long shifts - 12 to 16 hours ( if your replacement shows up )
- Low pay for the responsibility involved
- Too many patients and no CNAs
- More charting than patient care
- No breaks for weekends, holidays, funerals, or weddings
- Not to mention the occasional arrogant ass doctor, the rare ungrateful and entitled patient or the backstabbing coworker.
- Or a hospital that cares only about covering their ass.
Even with all of that, neither of us can imagine doing anything else. That moment always seems to come just when you need it most. You save a life, truly make a difference in a patients life, or bring a smile to a sick child's face, making it all worth it.
We are one of you. We are nurses and we are truly proud of what we do. Nurses are special people! They have to be Caring, Compassionate, Loving, Hard Working, Dedicated, and a little CRAZY... We get it! This site was built for Nurses...by Nurses. We have T - Shirts, Hoodies, Coffee Mugs, Tote Bags, gifts and much more designed especially for nurses. All at great prices with fast delivery! If you want it and don't see it, shoot us an email STAT. We will do our best to get it for you at the best price available! Thank you for supporting our efforts and Welcome to the family !